Welcome to the #6 edition of Rust in Blockchain, the hypest newsletter about the hypest tech. Previous: #5.
Each month we like to shine a light on a notable Rust blockchain project. This month that project is…
This is a great example of the type of useful crates that come out of Rust blockchain projects. It implements the Deoxys II authenticated encryption scheme, which was a winner of the CAESAR cryptographic competition. Authenticated ciphers ensure both the confidentiality and the authenticity of data, and have particular properties described in the CAESAR call for submissions.
Most active in November
- PR: Hardfork2 by @tromp
- PR: Increase IO_TIMEOUT to allow nodes on high-latency connections to sync by @mmgen
- PR: Enable faster sync by @antiochp
- PR: Split state validation status into kernel and rproof updates by @JosephGoulden
- Issue: Security & Code audits
- Grin Newsletter
- Video: NEAR Lunch and learn ep. 03: Light clients and proof-of-stake systems
- Video: NEAR Lunch and learn ep. 04: Nightshade: Consensus and finality
- Blog: Stake wars week 1 retro
- Blog: Stake wars week 2 retro
- Blog: Stake wars week 3 retro
- News: Nervos CKB Development Update #23 Version 0.25.2. Mainnet launch.
- News: Nervos CKB Mainnet is Live
- Blog: Approach to Designing a User Defined Token Standard on CKB: Part 1
- Blog: A General Method to Describe a “Smart Contract” on CKB
- Podcast: Alan Szepieniec on Hash Functions & Supersonic SNARKs
- PR: Upgrade ckb-vm to 0.18.1 by @xxuejie
- PR: Switch to mainnet by @doitian
- PR: Limit tx max ancestors count by @jjyr
- PR: Tweak slot calculation algorithm by @xxuejie
- Nervos CKB Development Update
- Nervos Community Update
- News: The Oasis public testnet is live
- News: The Quest. The Quest is a staking competition on Oasis Labs’ incentivized testnet.
- PR: Replace serde-cbor with borsh. borsh is a fast binary serializer.
- Blog: Building a world where data privacy exists online. A feature in the New York Times.
- Blog: Oasis Labs at SFBW 2019 and hackathon
- Blog: Libra (the other one) - A succinct Zero-Knowledge Proofs with Optimal Prover Computation
- Podcast: Massari’s Unqualified Opinions - Down Song, CEO of Oasis Labs
- Blog: Oasis Labs brings blockchain applications to another level
- Blog: Rust 2020
- Blog: Why Chronicled chose to build on Parity’s tech stack. Parity in the enterprise.
- Blog: Hello Substrate!
- Blog: Substrate EVM and Polkadot-Ethereum compatibility
- Blog: Substrate off-chain workers: secure and efficient computing-intensive tasks
- Blog: Parity Ethereum goes to Istanbul. New releases with support for the Istanbul fork.
- Blog: Ethereum Light Wallet Fether Completes Audit
- Blog: Have a TEE with Polkadot. SubstraTEE is a framework that integrates trusted execution environments (TEEs) with Substrate-built blockchains.
- Video: Benjamin Kamppmann & Ricardo Rius of Parity: Build fast blockchains with Substrate
- Podcast: Epicenter: Substrate, Polkadot and the Case for On-Chain Governance
- Substrate git repo history illustrated with “gource”
- Blog: Plasm testnet launch. A DApps plattform built on Substrate.
- Video: Participating in Kusama. Kusama is a Polkadot testnet.
- Blog: Secure and decentralized Polkadot domain name system
- Blog: The future of Kusama and Polkadot
- Blog: Polkadot v0.7.0 and Kusama CC-3. By Gavin Wood.
- Blog: A comparison of Ethereum vs Polkadot
- PR: Erasure encoding availability
- PR: Recover transaction pool on light client
- Blog: Results of Solana’s security audit
- Blog: Solana at SFBW Showed that Cooperation is Key to Blockchain Growth
- Podcast: No Sharding ep 10 - History and Future of Networks with AVA Labs founder Emin Gun Sirer
- PR: Unfork ed25519-dalek
- PR: Revive the parallel bank client. Only used in unit tests.
- PR: ledger-tool: Automatically run dot to generate PDFs
- PR: Add non-fungible token program. SDK example.
- PR: CLI: Support pubkey recovery from seed phrase
- PR: CLI: Add offline signing
Dec 10 | Online
Centrifuge | Berlin, Germany; Remote
Chainlink | Remote
Consensys | Europe; United States; Remote
CyberCoders | Boston, San Francisco
imToken | Singapore; Hangzhou, China
Interledger | San Francisco, US; Remote
IOHK | Europe
Jsgenesis | Oslo, Europe; Remote
Kraken | Berlin, Germany; Remote
Leger | Paris, France
MixBytes | Remote available
MXC Foundation | Berlin, Germany
Nervos | San Francisco; Hangzhou, China; Remote
OneinaMil | New York City; Remote
Parity | Berlin, Germany
Join the discussion on RiB telegram group ❤️