Welcome to the #49 edition of Rust in Blockchain, the monthly newsletter about Rust, distributed systems, cryptography, and other industry topics. Previous: #48.
RiB needs help to keep up with Rust blockchain projects. If you follow a particular project, or otherwise find information that is beneficial to the Rust & blockchain community, please contribute to the next issue by submitting a PR to the next draft.
Each month we like to shine a light on a notable Rust blockchain project. This month that project is…
Locutus is a project created by Freenet. It is a platform for creating decentralized applications on top of a decentralized key-value store. It is not blockchain based.
- SoK: Data Sovereignty
- Concurrent Asynchronous Byzantine Agreement in Expected-Constant Rounds, Revisited
- EDEN - a practical, SNARK-friendly combinator VM and ISA
- VSS from Distributed ZK Proofs and Applications
- Automated Analysis of Halo2 Circuits
- Orion. ONNX Runtime in Cairo 1.0 for verifiable ML inference using STARK. Blog post: Introducing Orion: A verifiable, extensible framework to superpower web3 & AI
- Locutus. A software platform for creating decentralized applications.
Most Active in June
Solana: 404 merged PRs, 83 closed issues, 31 open issues
Reth: 366 merged PRs, 138 closed issues, 59 open issues
Sui: 359 merged PRs, 41 closed issues, 16 open issues
Parity: 348 merged PRs, 133 closed issues, 129 open issues
Aptos: 296 merged PRs, 63 closed issues, 46 open issues
- Announcing the Motoko Dev Server: live-reloading for Web3 dapps
- A Glimpse into Motoko and AgorApp embeddable IDE
- Gaming and Metaverse — announcing the next edition of ICP.Lab for builders.
- Sway Summer Online Hackathon
- Introducing Fuel’s New Grants Program: Sparking Further Innovation in the Modular Ecosystem
- Blockchain Scaling Approaches: NEAR Sharding vs. Layer 2s
- Encode x NEAR Horizon Bootcamp: Your Mission to Master Web3 Rust Contracts
- The Fast Rainbow Bridge for NEAR to Ethereum Token Transfers is Live!
- Secret Feature: 1RPC
- Secret Network is now supported on Babylon Testnet
- Privacy-as-a-Service Showcase: BIDSHOP
- Soroban’s Technical Design Decisions & Learnings from Ethereum
- Announcing the Soroban Security Bug Bounty
Rust in Bitcoin
For discussion join the Rust in Bitcoin Telegram group.
If we’ve missed any other notable Rust Bitcoin projects or ecosystems, feel free to contribute!
Rust in Ethereum
- Starknet Quantum Leap: Major Throughput Improvements are Here!
- Cairo Roadmap: Join the Ride
- Moving from Solidity to Cairo
If we’ve missed any other notable Rust Ethereum projects or ecosystems, feel free to contribute!
Jul 6-Aug 6 | Online | Sway Summer Online Hackathon
Jul 10 | Online | Encode x NEAR Horizon Eight-week Coding Bootcamp
Jul 17-20 | Paris, France | Ethereum Community Conference (EthCC) 6
Jul 30-Aug 1 | Barcelona, Spain | Zcon 4
Aug 2 | Barcelona, Spain | ZKProof 5.5
Aug 28-30 | Palo Alto, CA, US | The Science of Blockchain Conference 2023
Sep 5-6 | Seoul, Korea | Korea Blockchain Week
Sep 11-13 | Berlin, Germany | DappCon
Sep 12-13 | Singapore | DeCompute 2023
Sep 12-15 | Albuquerque, NM & Online | RustConf 2023
Sep 20 | London, UK | zkSummit10
Sep 26-28 | Madrid, Spain | Stellar Meridian
Oct 5-6 | US - Virtual Eastern | Blockchain Security Summit 2023
Oct 30-Nov 3 | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Solana Breakpoint
More jobs can be found at Job Board.
Want to be included in the next issue? Feel free to submit a PR to the next draft.
Join the discussion on RiB telegram group ❤️