Welcome to the #48 edition of Rust in Blockchain, the monthly newsletter about Rust, distributed systems, cryptography, and other industry topics. Previous: #47.
RiB needs help to keep up with Rust blockchain projects. If you follow a particular project, or otherwise find information that is beneficial to the Rust & blockchain community, please contribute to the next issue by submitting a PR to the next draft.
Each month we like to shine a light on a notable Rust blockchain project. This month that project is…
Nothing! It was a slow month.
- Stylus in Action: Lifecycle of a Stylus Contract
- ZK app developers should be able to see down to the constraints
- Where’s Waldo on RISC Zero
- Using Continuations to Prove Any EVM Transaction
- Arithmetization of predicates into Halo 2 using application specific trace types
- Simplex Consensus: A Simple and Fast Consensus Protocol
- ParBFT: Faster Asynchronous BFT Consensus with a Parallel Optimistic Path
- SoK: Distributed Randomness Beacons
- How to Design Fair Protocols in the Multi-Blockchain Setting
- Private Proof-of-Stake Blockchains using Differentially-private Stake Distortion
Most Active in May
Sui: 494 merged PRs, 138 closed issues, 50 open issues
Parity: 465 merged PRs, 186 closed issues, 135 open issues
Solana: 334 merged PRs, 73 closed issues, 27 open issues
Reth: 305 merged PRs, 132 closed issues, 45 open issues
Aptos: 293 merged PRs, 64 closed issues, 40 open issues
2 merged PRs (1), 0 closed issues, 0 open issues
- Golem Network Introduces 0.12.1 Patch Release, Addressing Critical Bug Fixes and Enhancing User Experience
Rust in Bitcoin
For discussion join the Rust in Bitcoin Telegram group.
1 merged PRs (1), 0 closed issues, 0 open issues
If we’ve missed any other notable Rust Bitcoin projects or ecosystems, feel free to contribute!
Rust in Ethereum
- Under the hood of Cairo 1.0: Exploring Sierra
- Scarb: Simplifying Cairo1 Package Management
- From Solidity to Cairo 1.0 (WIP)
- Exploring the Use Cases of Cheap Computation
- Scaling Ethereum Efficiently
If we’ve missed any other notable Rust Ethereum projects or ecosystems, feel free to contribute!
Jun 9-10 | Prague, Czech Republic | ETHPrague
Jun 11-Jul 3 | Online | Pragma Cairo 1.0 Hackathon
Jun 17-20 | Paris, France | EthCC
Jun 28-29 | Copenhagen, Denmark | Polkadot Decoded
Jul 30-Aug 1 | Barcelona, Spain | Zcon 4
Aug 28-30 | Palo Alto, CA, US | The Science of Blockchain Conference 2023
Sep 5-6 | Seoul, Korea | Korea Blockchain Week
Sep 11-13 | Berlin, Germany | DappCon
Sep 12-13 | Singapore | DeCompute 2023
Sep 12-15 | Albuquerque, NM & Online | RustConf 2023
Sep 26-28 | Madrid, Spain | Stellar Meridian
Oct 30-Nov 3 | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Solana Breakpoint
Holochain | Americas Centric, Remote
More jobs can be found at Job Board.
Want to be included in the next issue? Feel free to submit a PR to the next draft.
Join the discussion on RiB telegram group ❤️