Welcome to the #4 edition of Rust in Blockchain, the hypest newsletter about the hypest combination of technologies. Previous #3.
September featured Berlin Blockchain week, one of the biggest blockchain events of the year, and a number of Rust blockchain projects were there. We held Rust in Blockchain events in Berlin as well as in Hangzhou, the videos for which (in Chinese) are linked below in the “learning” section.
Rust in Blockchain has a new logo, and there are stickers! They will probably be found at various events…
- News: Experimental Tor Integration and Testing
- News: A New Journey with MimbleWimble
- Issue: Invalid Root #3016
- PR: Fix reading POW for edge bits 59 and higher by @hashmap
- PR: Fix finding common header between the header chain and the current body chain by @garyyu
- PR: Adding merkle proof to prev chunk header by @Kouprin
- PR: Runtime asynchrony tests by @nearmax
- PR: Contract rewards by @ evgenykuzyakov
- Video: Benny Giang from Dapper Labs
- Video: Taylor Wei from Top Network
- Video: Jaynti Kanani from Matic
- Blog: Use Case - Distributed Identity Solutions by @Anais Urlichs
- Blog: Long Range Attacks, and a new Fork Choice Rule by @Alex Skidanov
- News: Nervos CKB Development Update #19. Changes to consensus rules. Version 0.21.0.
- News: Meet the team behind the project
- News: The 5th and Final Round of our Mining Competition: Stage 1
- News: Nervos positioning paper. Nervos is “developing the only PoW, multi-asset & store of value blockchain in the world today”, as described in RFC 0001.
- News: Nervos CKByte public sale announcement. CKB will sell on CoinList on October 16th.
- Video: Matt Quinn discusses the testnet, token sale
- News: Preparing for Istanbul: New Parity Ethereum release. This release is compatible with the Istanbul hardfork.
- News: Hacktoberfest 2019. It’s easy to get involved in Parity during Hacktoberfest.
- News: Parity Signer 3.0 Beta is here!. Parity Signer is a mobile application that turns your old smartphone into a hardware wallet.
- News: Peter @ Parity discusses ongoing maintenance of their Ethereum client
- Video: Substrate: One Year Later by Shawn Tabrizi. From Web3 Summit.
- PR: Add proof-of-work consensus by @sorpass
- PR: Make staking inflation curve configurable by @thiolliere
- PR: Explicit sync API for downloading important, possibly orphaned, forks by @rphmeier
- Video: Parathreads on Polkadot by Joe Petrowski
- News: The Polkadot wiki is upgraded
- Blog: How to upgrade a Kusama CC1 validator to CC2 by Francesco Cremona. Kusama is a Polkadot testnet.
- PR: Clippy work towards Rust 1.38 by @mvines
- PR: Bench-tps: flush tx queue when too old by @CriesofCarrots
- PR: BPF programs use single threaded LLD by @jackcmay
- PR: Require stake, vote and executable accounts to be rent exempt by @ParthDesai
- PR: A new data-structure in shreds for partial deserialization by @ pgarg66
- PR: Rust BPF programs depend on Solana SDK by @jackcmay
[Video] WASM on the blockchain
[Video] [In Chinese] Cell Model and Logic Programming
[Video] [In Chinese] Wallet’s cross platform practice in Rust
October 1-31 | Online
October 1 | Seoul, South Korea
October 8-11 | Osaka, Japan
October 19-20 | Berlin, Germany
October 19-20 | Berlin, Germany
October 26 | Tokyo, Japan
October 28 - November 3 | San Francisco & Berkeley, US
October 30 | San Francisco, US
Centrifuge | Berlin, Germany; Remote
Chainlink | Remote
Commonwealth | San Francisco; Remote
Consensys | Europe; United States; Remote
imToken | Singapore; Hangzhou, China
IOHK | Europe
Jsgenesis | Oslo, Europe; Remote
Kraken | Berlin, Germany; Remote
MXC Foundation | Berlin, Germany
Nervos | San Francisco; Hangzhou, China; Remote
Parity | Berlin, Germany
Join the action on our subreddit ❤️