Welcome to the #52 edition of Rust in Blockchain, the monthly newsletter about Rust, distributed systems, cryptography, and other industry topics. Previous: #51.
RiB needs help to keep up with Rust blockchain projects. If you follow a particular project, or otherwise find information that is beneficial to the Rust & blockchain community, please contribute to the next issue by submitting a PR to the next draft.
Each month we like to shine a light on a notable Rust blockchain project. This month that project is…
This is the recently released course content for the Polkadot Blockchain Academy. Lots of background on topics that are not Polkadot-specific, including cryptography, game theory, blockchains and smart contracts.
- zk-Bench: A Toolset for Comparative Evaluation and Performance Benchmarking of SNARKs
- Efficient Agreement Over Byzantine Gossip
- Algebraic Group Model with Oblivious Sampling
- PQ.V.ALU.E: Post-Quantum RISC-V Custom ALU Extensions on Dilithium and Kyber
- Measuring the Concentration of Control in Contemporary Ethereum
- Meeting in a Convex World: Convex Consensus with Asynchronous Fallback
- FlexiRand: Output Private (Distributed) VRFs and Application to Blockchains
- continuation-batcher. A standalone proof compress & batch tool for zkWASM guest and host circuits.
- mina bridge. Bridge from Mina to Ethereum.
- Botanix. A port of Ethereum to run on Bitcoin. Reportedly written in Rust, but no source yet.
- Proceedings from The Zero Knowledge Summit.
- Awesome Bitcoin Developer Tools: Devimint. Appears to be written in Rust.
Most Active in September
Parity 384 merged PRs, 178 closed issues, 182 open issues
Sui: 368 merged PRs, 48 closed issues, 6 open issues
Dfinity: 368 merged PRs, 15 closed issues, 6 open issues
Solana: 308 merged PRs, 60 closed issues, 27 open issues
Reth: 275 merged PRs, 135 closed issues, 52 open issues
- Privacy in Tents: an overview of private solving strategies
- An Introduction to Intents and Intent-centric Architectures
- Typhon’s Chimera Chains
- Zexe vs. VeriZexe vs. Taiga
- Global R&D: September 2023 Edition
- WebAssembly on the Internet Computer
- Securing cross-chain communication from Ethereum to the Internet Computer with an on-chain Light Client
6 merged PRs (1), 0 closed issues, 0 open issues
- IOTA Stardust Upgrade
- Five Principles: The Fundamentals That Every DLT Needs
- Replacing the Coordinator with a Validator Committee
- FastAuth SDK Beta Now Available
- Announcing Web Push Notifications on B.O.S
- NEAR Protocol BigQuery Public Dataset
384 merged PRs (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33), 178 closed issues (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26), 182 open issues (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
- Elevating Polkadot’s Performance and Scale with Asynchronous Backing
- Polkadot Consensus Part 1: Enhanced Economic Security via NPoS
7 merged PRs (1), 0 closed issues, 0 open issues
- Validator Health REport
- Protocol 20 Upgrade Guide
- Shadow Drive Rust Web API. Shadow Drive is a decentralized storage system for Solana.
- Onboarding Made Simple with zkLogin
- zkLogin Best Practices and Business Considerations for Builders
- Maintain Sui’s Health and Earn Storage Rebates
- All About Account Abstraction
Rust in Bitcoin
For discussion join the Rust in Bitcoin Telegram group.
1 merged PRs (1), 0 closed issues, 0 open issues
If we’ve missed any other notable Rust Bitcoin projects or ecosystems, feel free to contribute!
Rust in Ethereum
If we’ve missed any other notable Rust Ethereum projects or ecosystems, feel free to contribute!
Oct 2-7 | Online | Holochain Developer Training
Oct 30-Nov 3 | Amsterdam, Netherlands | Solana Breakpoint
Nov 7-10 | Lisbon, Portugal | Nearcon 23
Nov 13-19 | Istanbul, Turkey | Devconnect
Nov 16-17 | Hollywood, CA, US and Virtual | HackFest Summit 2023
Nov 17-19 | Istanbul, Turkey | ETHGlobal Istanbul
More jobs can be found at Job Board.
Want to be included in the next issue? Feel free to submit a PR to the next draft.
Join the discussion on RiB telegram group ❤️