Welcome to the #32 edition of Rust in Blockchain, the monthly newsletter about Rust, distributed systems, cryptography, and other industry topics. Previous: #31.
RiB needs help to keep up with Rust blockchain projects. If you follow a particular project, or otherwise find information that is beneficial to the Rust & blockchain community, please contribute to the next issue by submitting a PR to the next draft.
Each month we like to shine a light on a notable Rust blockchain project. This month that project is…
Trampoline is a Rust-based smart contract framework for the UTXO-based Nervos network. Whereas most smart contract platforms are account-based, with a programming model that is relatively easy to reason about in the imperative style, there are comparatively few smart contracts of any complexity written for UTXO blockchains. This project is an attempt to make writing UTXO-based contracts more accessible.
- The great renaming: what happened to Eth2?
- Statement by Diem CEO Stuart Levey on the Sale of the Diem Group’s Assets to Silvergate
- Electric Capital Developer Report (2021)
- Part 1: The life of an optimization barrier
- Part 2: Improving crypto code in Rust using LLVM’s optnone
- An Introduction to Secret-Sharing-Based Secure Multiparty Computation
- Non-Interactive Zero-Knowledge Proofs to Multiple Verifiers
- PlonKup: Reconciling PlonK with plookup
- Titanium: A Metadata-Hiding File-Sharing System with Malicious Security
- LedgerHedger: Gas Reservation for Smart-Contract Security
- Broken Proofs of Solvency in Blockchain Custodial Wallets and Exchanges
- XCC: Theft-Resilient and Collateral-Optimized Cryptocurrency-Backed Assets
- Preparation for Post-Quantum era: a survey about blockchain schemes from a post-quantum perspective
- Plonky2 is a SNARK implementation based on techniques from PLONK and FRI. The announcement: Introducing Plonky2.
- Schnorrkel implements Schnorr signature on Ristretto compressed Ed25519 points, as well as related protocols like HDKD, MuSig, and a verifiable random function (VRF).
- ref-fvm. Reference implementation of the Filecoin Virtual Machine [v0, pre-alpha].
- Scrt-RNG. Secret Oracle - RNG will be a decentralized source of private randomness on Secret Network.
- stable-swap. The source for the Saber stableswap AMM on Solana.
- RUSTSEC-2021-0133: cargo-download is unmaintained.
- RUSTSEC-2021-0134: rental is unmaintained.
- RUSTSEC-2022-0004: Vulnerability in rustc-serialize.
- RUSTSEC-2022-0001: lmdb is unmaintained.
- RUSTSEC-2022-0002: Vulnerability in dashmap.
- CVE-2022-21658: Vulnerability in std. Time-of-check time-of-use race condition can allow attacker to delete files they do not have access to delete.
- RUSTSEC-2022-0003: Vulnerability in ammonia.
- RUSTSEC-2022-0005: ftd2xx-embedded-hal is unmaintained.
- RUSTSEC-2022-0006: Vulnerability in thread_local.
- RUSTSEC-2022-0007: Unsoundness in qcell.
- CVE-2022-21685: Integer underflow in Frontier. Frontier is an ethereum compatibility for substrate
- CVE-2021-39480: Denial of service in bingrep.
- CVE-2021-46102: Integer overflow in solana_rbpf.
Most Active in January
- NEAR Launches Stake Farming To Unlock Ecosystem Rewards
- An Update On the NEAR Validator Upgrade
- NEAR Enhances Decentralization with Validator Upgrade
- solana-pay. A new standard for decentralized payments.
- Open issue: Consider adding user specified fees to prioritize txs propagation to the leader/block #22820
- Solana Internals Part 2: How Is a Solana Program Deployed and Upgraded
- Solana Internals Part 3: The Transaction Processing Unit (TPU)
- Solana Internals Part 4: The Bank — A Key Component
- A technical overview of developing gold.xyz on Solana
- Events: Introducing the Solana Hacker House Inaugural World Tour
0 merged PRs, 0 closed issues, 1 open issues (1)
Feb 5-6 | Online
Feb 11-20 | Denver
Apr 16 - May 13th | Online
Apr 18-25 | Amsterdam
May 2-6 | Canada
Jun 13-17 | Šibenik, Croatia
Aug 29-31 | Arrillaga Alumni Center, Stanford University
Aurora | Remote
Fluence | Remote
NEAR | Remote
Pine Street Labs | San Francisco or Remote
Polygon Zero | Remote
More jobs can be found at Job Board.
Want to be included in the next issue? Feel free to submit a PR to the next draft.
Join the discussion on RiB telegram group ❤️