Welcome to the #30 edition of Rust in Blockchain, the monthly newsletter about Rust, distributed systems, cryptography, and other industry topics. Previous: #29.
This month RiB received donations of:
- A handsome chunk of ETH from the MASQ project, and KauriHero.
- The rustinblockchain.bit name on DAS, the Decentralized Account System, from janewu.
We are grateful.
RiB needs help to keep up with Rust blockchain projects. If you follow a particular project, or otherwise find information that is beneficial to the Rust & blockchain community, please contribute to the next issue by submitting a PR to the next draft.
Each month we like to shine a light on a notable Rust blockchain project. This month that project is…
wagyu is a command line cryptocurrency wallet generator,
with support for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero, and Zcash.
It can generate both standard and hierarchical deterministic (HD) wallets.
It is from the Aleo project.
A useful tool for those that create a lot of wallets.
Blog Posts and Discussions
- A Performance Evaluation of Pairing-Based Broadcast Encryption Systems
- Experimenting with Collaborative zk-SNARKs: Zero-Knowledge Proofs for Distributed Secrets
- An Improved Range Proof with Base-3 Construction
- On Cryptocurrency Wallet Design
- Public Report – Zendoo Proof Verifier Cryptography Review
- Securing Proof-of-Stake Nakamoto Consensus Under Bandwidth Constraint
- Information Dispersal with Provable Retrievability for Rollups
- Post-Quantum Zero Knowledge, Revisited (or: How to do Quantum Rewinding Undetectably)
- InterTrust: Towards an Efficient Blockchain Interoperability Architecture with Trusted Services
- DAS, the Decentralized Account System. DAS is a multi-chain protocol for maintaining various types of identity information. It stores its data on the Nervos Network (CKB), but by using CKB’s rent model and capability for verifying foreign-chain transactions it mostly lets users avoid direct interaction with the CKB chain.
- brainwallet. Rust command line program for Bitcoin brainwallet.
- AlephBFT. Rust implementation of Aleph Protocol, which is an asynchronous and Byzantine fault tolerant consensus protocol aimed at ordering arbitrary messages (transactions).
- Polygon Miden. A STARK-based virtual machine.
- ark-plonk. A pure Rust PLONK implementation using arkworks as a backend.
- Scrypto. Language for building DeFi apps on Radix.
- Zeekoe. Zero-knowledge layer-2 payment channels.
- RUSTSEC-2021-0122: Vulnerability in
flatbuffers. Generated code can read and write out of bounds in safe code. This is a critical, network-exposed vulnerability, and users of this crate must take action.
- RUSTSEC-2021-0125: Panic on incorrect date input to
- RUSTSEC-2021-0123: Vulnerability in
NSStringto a String Truncates at Null Bytes.
- RUSTSEC-2021-0124: Vulnerability in
tokio. Data race when sending and receiving after closing a oneshot channel.
- RUSTSEC-2021-0126: Vulnerability in rust-embed.
getmethod allows for directory traversal when reading files from disk.
coreos-installer< 0.10.0 writes world-readable Ignition config to installed system.
- CVE-2021-43174: Memory exhaustion in
- CVE-2021-43790: Use after free in
Most Active in November
- Twitter thread: Taproot upgrade
- Proof of History: How Solana brings time to crypto
- Solana’s Energy Use Report: November 2021
- Solana Validator 101: Transaction Processing
- Twitter thread: Highlights from our first reddit zkEVM AMA!
Dec 1-3 | Seoul, Korea
Dec 14-15 | Online
Jan 24-26, 2022 | Arrillaga Alumni Center, Stanford University
Feb 14-18, 2022 | Canada
Apr 6-9 | Portland, OR
Apr 16 - May 13th | Online
Bolt Labs | US, Remote
Hubble (Solana, DeFi) | London, Remote
Massa | Paris, Remote
- Lead blockchain Developer
- Senior Blockchain Developer
- Lead Blockchain Security Engineer
- Senior Blockchain Security Engineer
- Lead Blockchain Performance Engineer
- Lead Blockchain Tools Engineer
- Lead DApps Developer
- Lead Infrastructure Engineer
- Lead Support Engineer
Worldcoin | Berlin, San Francisco
More jobs can be found at Job Board.
Want to be included in the next issue? Feel free to submit a PR to the #31 draft.
Join the discussion on RiB telegram group ❤️