Welcome to the #27 edition of Rust in Blockchain, the chillest newsletter about the chillest tech. Previous: #26.
It was a slow month, with few project updates, and few new projects.
Thanks to contributors:
RiB needs help to keep up with Rust blockchain projects. If you follow a particular project, or otherwise find information that is beneficial to the Rust & blockchain community, please contribute to the next issue by submitting a PR to the next draft.
Each month we like to shine a light on a notable Rust blockchain project. This month that project is…
Stateright is a model checker for implementing distributed systems in Rust. Unlike traditional model checkers like TLA+, Stateright is a Rust DSL, and is able to check the Rust production implementation of a system. It includes examples of Paxos and other simple algorithms.
- Plookup — An Algorithm Widely Used in zkEVM
- Exploring Popular zkEVM Solutions: AppliedZKP, Matter Labs, Hermez, and Sin7Y
- Overview of the Rust cryptography ecosystem
- Bridges in Crypto-Space
- Mitigating Miner Extractable Value (MEV) with Gnosis Safe
- Demystifying recursive zero knowledge proofs. From the anoma network.
- Aggregating hash-based signatures using STARKs
- One-time Traceable Ring Signatures
- Aurora: a probabilistic algorithm for distributed ledgers enabling trustless synchronization and transaction inclusion verification
- Sharding-Based Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Protocols: Security Analysis
- Zero-Knowledge Middleboxes
- The Limits of Code Deference
- Dylint. A tool for running Rust lints from dynamic libraries.
- mina-vrf-rs. The Mina consensus algorithm uses a VRF to determine whether a block producer is eligible to produce a block at a specific slot.
- YUL compiler. The compiler from YUL intermediate language to zkEVM bytecode.
Most Active in August
3 merged PRs (1), 0 closed issues, 0 open issues
- Network Stability Report: Kusama With Parachains
- Making History: An Overview of the First Five Parachain Slot Auctions on Kusama
- Kusama Parachain Auctions: Second Batch
42 merged PRs (1), 0 closed issues, 0 open issues
- What would a Zcash Proof-of-Stake transition look like?
- New releases to help enable Zcash Shielded by Default
Aug 31 - Oct 8 | Online
Sep 6-10 | Online
Sep 10 - Oct 4 | Online
Sep 14 | Online
Sep 18 | Online
Sep 26-28 | Online
Oct 4-8 | Darmstadt, Germany
Oct 6–8 | Darmstadt, Germany
Nov 18-19 | Online
Dec 1-3 | Seoul, Korea
ChainSafe | Toronto; Remote
Dash Core Group | Remote
DEX Labs | Remote
Dusk Network | Remote
- Rust Developer with experience in WASM
More jobs can be found at Job Board.
Want to be included in the next issue? Feel free to submit a PR to the #28 draft.
Join the discussion on RiB telegram group ❤️