Awesome Blockchain Rust
Useful components for building blockchains in Rust. include: cryptography, distributed, p2p, consensus, etc
- Blockchain Frameworks
- Virtual Machines
- General-Purpose Consensus
- P2P Network Libraries
- Aleo. Leo is a rust flavoured zk language.
- Aleph Zero. DAG, PoS, snark smart contracts (substrate based).
- Anoma.network. PoS blockchain with privacy.
- Aptos Network. Building the safest and most scalable Layer 1 blockchain..
- Bitcoin Cash. A library for creating and parsing Bitcoin Cash trasactions.
- Casper. A decentralized L1 PoS blockchain designed to accelerate enterprise and developer adoption.
- CITA. A high performance blockchain kernel for enterprise users.
- CodeChain. Programmable multi-asset chain.
- Concordium. Privacy centric (zk) PoS chain, yet with built in identities and rust smart contracts.
- Conflux. The Rust implementation of Conflux protocol.
- Darwinia. Relay chain of Darwinia Network, can connect to Polkadot as parachain in Polkadot Model.
- Dusk.network. Privacy PoS using zk (plonk).
- Enigma secures the decentralized web.
- Elrond. Elrond (EGOLD( - scalable and usable blockchain, written is Rust and has smart contracts in Rust.
- Exonum. An extensible open-source framework for creating private/permissioned blockchain applications.
- Forest. An implementation of Filecoin written in Rust.
- Fuel. Rust full node implementation of the Fuel protocol.
- Gear. Computational component of Polkadot network.
- Grin. Minimal implementation of the MimbleWimble protocol.
- Holochain. The core Holochain framework written in rust, a container, and hdk-rust library for writing Zomes.
- Huobi Chain. The next generation high performance public chain for financial infrastructure.
- Interledger. An easy-to-use, high-performance Interledger implementation written in Rust.
- Internet of People. Decentralized software stack that provides the building blocks and tools to support a decentralized society.
- Libra. Global currency and financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people.
- Lighthouse. Fast and secure Ethereum 2.0 client.
- NEAR. NEAR Protocol - scalable and usable blockchain.
- Nervos CKB. Nervos CKB is a public permissionless blockchain, the common knowledge layer of Nervos network.
- NYM. Selective privacy via a mixnet preventing metadata analysis.
- Nomic. Nomic is a high-performance Bitcoin sidechain which is part of the Cosmos network.
- Mina Protocol. A rust implementation of the mina succinct blockchain.
- Mir Protocol. A succinct blockchain powered by zero-knowledge proofs. (plonk based)
- OpenEthereum. The Ethereum Rust client
- Parity Bitcoin. The Parity Bitcoin client.
- Parity Ethereum. The fast, light, and robust EVM and WASM client.
- Parity Zcash. Rust implementation of Zcash protocol.
- Polkadot. Polkadot Node Implementation.
- Polymesh. The Polymesh blockchain (built on Substrate) is an identity orientated chain for the issuance, lifecycle management and settlement of regulated securities.
- QAN. Post-quantum blockchain.
- Radix. Sharded smart contract DeFi platform.
- Setheum. SETHEUM : “Secure Evergreen Truthful Heterogeneous Economically Unbiased Market” is an Ethical DeFi-friendly Blockchain (built on Substrate) working on achieving mass adoption, security, scalability, affordability, inclusivity and ethical DeFi Governance.
- Shasper. Parity Shasper beacon chain implementation using the Substrate framework.
- Solana. Blockchain Rebuilt for Scale.
- Stacks 2.0. Proof of Transfer blockchain from Blockstack.
- Sui Network. A next-generation smart contract platform with high throughput, low latency, and an asset-oriented programming model powered by the Move programming language.
- Tari. The Tari Digital Assets Protocol.
- Tendermint. Tendermint is a high-performance blockchain consensus engine for Byzantine fault tolerant applications.
- Witnet. Open source implementation of Witnet decentralized oracle network protocol in Rust.
- xx-network. Post-quantum blockchain, mixnet privacy preventing metadata analysis. (Substrate rust+go)
- Zebra. An ongoing Rust implementation of a Zcash node.
- Zero-chain. A privacy-preserving blockchain on Substrate.
- Substrate. The platform for blockchain innovators.
- slingshot. A new blockchain architecture under active development, with a strong focus on scalability, privacy and safety.
- Tendermint ABCI. Tendermint ABCI server, written in the Rust programming language.
- Orga. A high-performance state machine engine designed for Tendermint-based blockchain applications.
- Anchor is a framework for Solana’s Sealevel runtime providing several convenient developer tools for writing smart contracts.
- Comit is an open protocol facilitating trustless cross-blockchain applications.
- IBC. Rust implementation of Cosmos’ Interblockchain Communication Protocol (IBC).
- CKB-VM. RISC-V virtual machine.
- CosmWasm. Multi-chain smart contract platform built for the Cosmos ecosystem.
- EVM Parity. Parity implementation of EVM.
- FuelVM Interpreter for the FuelVM, a blazingly fast blockchain virtual machine.
- Lunatic. Erlang-inspired runtime for WebAssembly.
- Polygon Miden. SNARK based VM.
- SVM Spacemesh Virtual Machine.
- Wasmi. WebAssembly interpreter.
- Wasmer. A convenient Rust wrapper over WebAssembly backends.
- Wasmtime. Standalone JIT-style runtime for WebAssembly, using Cranelift.
- Zinc. Zinc zk smart contract language.
- Raft. Raft distributed consensus algorithm implemented in Rust.
- Honey Badger. An implementation of the paper “Honey Badger of BFT Protocols” in Rust.
- Narwhal. The consensus layer used by Sui.
P2P Network Libraries
- chamomile. P2P library. Support build robust stable connection on p2p/distributed network.
- crust. Reliable P2P network connections in Rust with NAT traversal. One of the most needed libraries for any server-less / decentralised projects.
- rust-libp2p. The Rust Implementation of the libp2p networking stack.
- Tentacle. A multiplexed p2p network framework that supports custom protocols
- P2P NAT-Traversal. NAT Traversal techniques for p2p communication.
- qp2p. Peer-to-peer communications library for Rust based on QUIC protocol.
- sn_routing. Routing - specialised storage DHT.
- Awesome Cryptography Rust.
- Dalek Cryptography.
- Za!. An experimental rust zksnarks compiler with embeeded bellman-bn128 prover.
- OpenZKP. Pure Rust implementations of Zero-Knowledge Proof systems.
- Microsoft Nova. Rust recursive snark without trusted setup.
- Arkworks. An ecosystem for developing and programming with zkSNARKs
- Arbitrum’s arb-os ArbOS is the “operating system” that runs an eth Layer 2 on an Arbitrum chain,
- Noir language. Noir is a Domain Specific Language for SNARK proving systems. (Aztec eth L2)
- Penumbra. PoS network providing privacy to the Cosmos ecosystem.
- Rust-Lightning is a Bitcoin Lightning library written in Rust. The main crate, lightning, does not handle networking, persistence, or any other I/O. Thus, it is runtime-agnostic, but users must implement basic networking logic, chain interactions, and disk storage.
- zkSync. Matter Labs’ scaling eth L2 engine secured by zero-knowledge proofs.
- Serum-dex. A decentralized exchange built on Solana.
- SewUp. A library to help you build your Ethereum webassembly contract with Rust and just like develop in a common backend.
- Sienna Network. A privacy-first and cross-chain decentralized finance platform where you can privately swap, lend and convert your tokens into their private equivalent.
- abscissa. Micro-framework for CLI tools with strong focus on security.
- tesseracts. A small block explorer for geth PoAs written in rust.
- merk. High performance Merkle key/value store written in Rust, based on RocksDB.
Contributions are most welcome.
GitHub: Awesome Blockchain Rust
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.